I love witnessing those “AH HA!” moments when I present my classes at the Spa Show. With each city I demonstrate updated information and training to assist professionals to elevate spa spaces and services. In addition, I also provide workshops on restorative yoga, creating effective marketing ads and how to build an à la carte menu to accompany new spa package designs.
You’re HYBRID Spa at a glance.
Room functionality, design & furnishings:
Be careful when cookie-cutting your vision with typical spa room design and functions.
Treatment rooms do not have to be vastly spacious, ostentatious or costly. Try to adhere to a basic spa protocol: a) be able to maintain contact with client. b) provide appropriate ambiance for the treatment without them feeling confined. c) staff must have seamless accessibility to dispensary areas without many interruptions to the service or by creating unnecessary noise. d) be able to upgrade any service at any time with other treatment options. Review all treatment room surfaces including walls-ceilings-floors for profit options, and rethink the space with fresh eyes for usages!
How to change your ROI (Return On Investment)
Monitoring utilization and modeling the revenue potential or repurposing the space can produce a quick ROI for any spa space. Average treatment room costs range from 1-15% before labor. Remember that skin care treatment rooms run at higher costing than massage rooms due to room inventory.
- Massage 1-2%
- Waxing, sugaring or threading 2-3%
- Specialized facials 10-12%
- Adapting portability to back bar and treatment room practices can quickly increase your profits with easy up-selling and alternative spa menu choices.
Spa menu design, ads and spa packages:
- Who are your ads calling out to? We’ve heard of the expression ‘you reap what you sow’, well this similar law applies to how you advertise.
- Do your ads best represent your spa or salon space?
- Are they geared to the right demographic?
- What type of return do you retrieve from your advertising dollars?
- Setting aside an advertising budget and assessing your results will move your business towards effective marketing successes, then add innovation and repeat.
Globally, we are witnessing what I call advertising ADD ‘Ad Deficit Disorder’! Consumers don’t spend time reading through websites unless it calls out to them. Your ad’s micro-second moment has to have a quick impact that tells your story to the point! This will then entice the reader to go deeper into your website, blog or social media feeds.
Spa packages are crucial to any spa. Not only are they the icing on the cake, but they allow you to HYBRID spa staff and services into multifaceted experiential moments. Spa packages also increase awareness of other services, promotes retail and demonstrates your dynamic spa team!
Big hugs, ASHe
Proofed by: Andrea Blake